Center for Astrophysics and Planetary Science.
Astrophysics and relativity research at the Racah Institute includes a wide range of topics:
- High Energy Astrophysics, for example, γ-ray bursts and cosmic radiations;
- Compact Objects, such as the physics of and around different stellar remnants;
- Stellar Structure, i.e., the evolution and death of stars;
- Galactic physics, including topics such as galaxy formation and evolution;
- Cosmology, that is, understanding the universe as a whole;
- and of course General Relativity.
The group is highly active and prolific. Its core members are professors Jacob Bekenstein, Avishai Dekel, Tsvi Piran, Re'em Sari and Nir Shaviv.
Astrophysicists at the Racah Institute
Astrophysics Group Home Page
For any inquires, contact:
Mrs. Tamar Frei
Tel: +972-2-658 5512
Fax: +972-2-561 1519